NOTICES 27th – 31st January 2020
Our first full week of school was fantastic. All the children are back into the routine incl co-curricular and extra murals. Full Steam Ahead!!
** Don’t forget to download the CHP app from your app store or Google Play Store.
It’s a free download!**
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT: Parents please note your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. They may not be a distraction to the child or the class. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- Cycle Tests Gr 4 – 7: Information regarding the cycle tests have been emailed to all Gr 4-7 parents. Please take some time, read the information and ensure your child is prepared. The first cycle test is English Gr 5-7 will be held on Thursday 6th February.
- Assembly 2020: On Friday 31st January at 7:30am, Grade 6B will be hosting the assembly. Invitations will be sent out if your child will be participating. When it’s your child’s class assembly you are more than welcome to come and watch the assembly. The assembly is approximately half an hour.
- Valentine’s Day: CHP will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on Friday 14/02/2020. Children must wear something red, white or pink. They can really go all out to show that they share love and friendship. As part of the celebrations please send R10-00 with your child for the privilege of wearing civvies on that day.
- Diaries 2020: Parents you will see that all our CHP children received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time to look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2020. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any brief communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Co-curricular Programme: All co-curricular activities are in full swing. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Lunch Programme: The children are enjoying the snack and lunch that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R800 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser: email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Swimming: 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Mr Anthony Lord, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from the close of day after co-curricular and supervised homework (15h00) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R150-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R300 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Accounts: All statements for February will be emailed today 27th January 2020. Please check your email inboxes as well as your spam and junk mail folders.
- Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
Annual School Fee Payments are to be paid by the 31st of January 2020.
Dates to Diarise:
Valentine’s Day: 14th February (children can wear civvies – red, white or pink)
Special Person’s Day: 27th February (GR R -3) more information will be sent out
Mid-Term Break: Thursday 27th February (school closes at 11:00am) Tuesday 3rd March (school re-opens).