NOTICES 20th – 24th January 2020
Welcome Back! We would like to wish all our CHP families all the very best for 2020.
A very warm welcome to all our new parents to the CHP family. The children are all settling in after the long December holidays. This week is now full steam ahead in the classroom as well as all our co-curricular activities.
** Don’t forget to download the CHP app from your app store or Google Play Store. It’s a free download!**
We welcome our new staff to CHP:
Miss Lebogang Ngakane (Grade R)
Miss Joy Bond (Grade 1)
Mrs Kerry-Ann Brandjes (Grade 2)
Mrs Tania Alaraju (Grade 5)
We wish them all a happy stay at CHP.
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Assembly 2020: On Friday 24th January at 7:30am, the Music Department will be hosting the assembly. Invitations will be sent out if your child will be participating. When it’s your child’s class assembly you are more than welcome to come and watch the assembly. The assembly is approximately half an hour.
- Diaries 2020: Parents you will see that all our CHP children received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time to look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2020. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any brief communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Lunch Programme: The children are enjoying the snack and lunch that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R800 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Co-curricular Programme: All co-curricular activities are in full swing from today. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
- Swimming: 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from the close of day after co-curricular and supervised homework (15h00) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R150-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R300 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1hour during homework time. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Accounts: All statements for February will be emailed on Friday 24th January 2020. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
Annual School Fee Payments are to be paid by the 31st of January 2020.
Dates to Diarise:
Valentine’s Day: 14th February (children can wear civvies – red, white or pink)
Special Person’s Day: 27th February (GR R -3) more information will be sent out
Mid-Term Break: Thursday 27th February (school closes at 11:00am) Tuesday 3rd March (school re-opens).