CHP Weekly Notices
17th – 21st July 2023
Dates to Diarise:
|Tuesday 18th July||Mandela Day Celebrations|
|Saturday 29th July||CHP Sports Day – Compulsory School Day|
|Tuesday 8th August||Gr R – 7 Pyjama Day. Details will be emailed|
|Tuesday 8th August||School closes at 11am, end of Term 2.|
|Wednesday 6th September||School re-opens for Term 3 at 7:00am|
This week’s class assembly: Grade 2B
This week’s Cycle Tests: Thursday 20th July
- Grade 4, 5, 6 and 7 – English
Mandela Day Celebration
This year, we will be celebrating Mandela Day on Tuesday the 18 July. Our day of celebration will include your children completing their 67 minutes of “giving back” to our greater community. The Junior Prep children will be packing care packages for families in need and the Senior Prep children will be preparing soup packs for The Brody Project.
Please can you send the following donations to school tomorrow morning with your child.
Grade R: Face cloths
Grade 1: Soap
Grade 2: Toothbrushes
Grade 3: Toothpaste
Grade 4: A bunch of celery or parsley
Grade 5: A packet of carrots or turnips
Grade 6: A few potatoes or some vegetable stock
Grade 7: Onions or dried soup mix (barley, split peas etc)
Your statement for August 2023 will be emailed on Monday 24th July. Please check your email inboxes as well as your spam and junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please contact Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure Debit Order permission forms have been completed.
The amount of lost property found lying around the school by the end of each day is concerning. Piles of unmarked clothing, shoes, stationary, lunch bags etc. collected during this term have been placed in the lost property corridor next to the Aftercare class. Please make sure that your child’s clothing is clearly labelled. There will be an opportunity for parents to sift through/collect their children’s lost items every Friday from 13h30 to 14h00. Thereafter, all unclaimed or unmarked items will be donated to the 2nd hand uniform shop.
The cold winter mornings are here. Please ensure your child is dressed warmly. If your child is sick, please do not send them to school.
If you would like to enrol your child for swimming at 345 swim school, please contact Karen Visser at email@example.com
If you would like your child to be a part of the school lunch programme for an additional fee, please contact Karen Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you pack lunch for your child, please ensure that it is healthy and that there is enough food for a morning snack and lunch. We are NUT Free school. Please do not pack any food that contains any nuts.
School gates open at 06:30
School starts at 07:30
School ends at 13:30
Aftercare 14:00 – 17:30
- Hair – Boys: Hair needs to be short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Hair needs to be tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue.
- Emails sent from Ed Admin are system generated. Please DO NOT reply to these and rather direct all your emails to email@example.com
- The school gate opens at 6:30am. No child may be dropped off before this time.
- We require a months’ notice to cancel school services, aftercare, swimming and the lunch programme
- Tuckshop is every Friday. Children may bring money
- Please ensure all uniform items are labelled and the correct Winter uniform is worn
- Lost property is located next to the Aftercare class
- No Smart watches or cell phones may be brought to school