CHP Weekly Notices
20th – 24th February 2023
Dates to Diarise:
|Thursday, 23rd February||Special Person’s Day: Gr R – 3 only. Detailed email sent. Please check your email inboxes|
|Thursday, 23rd February||School closes at 11:00am – Aftercare starts at 12:00pm, continues as usual for that day|
|School reopens after midterm.|
|Friday, 3rd March||Grade 7 Cap Assembly and reciting the CHP Cap Pledge. Assembly is at 7:30am|
|Friday, 3rd March||Carlswald Carnival: 1:30pm – 5:00pm Ticket Bands on Sale R150 per child. You can purchase ticket bands from the Office.|
|Monday, 20th March||School Holiday – School closed|
|Tuesday, 21st March||Public Holiday – Human Rights Day – School Re-opens on Wednesday 22nd March at 7:00am|
This week’s class assembly: No Assembly
This week’s Cycle Tests: Thursday 23rd February
- Grade 5 and 6: Social Science
- Grade 7: Science
School closes on Thursday 23rd February at 11:00am – Aftercare starts at 12:00pm.
School re-opens on Tuesday 28th February at 7:00am. Parents to collect children between 11am and 12pm
Special Person’s Day
Thursday 23rd February Special Person’s Day is only for Grade R, 1, 2 and 3 children. Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, Big Brothers or Sisters and Nannies are welcome as special persons. If the special person cannot make the day, parents are welcome to attend. Details of the day have been emailed.
Grade 7 Cap Assembly
The Grade 7 cap assembly will be held on Friday 3rd March at 7:30am. Grade 7’s will receive their red caps and recite the CHP cap pledge. This is a very important morning for the Grade 7 children.
Carlswald Carnival Fun Afternoon
CHP Presents Carlswald Carnival Fun Afternoon for Gr R – 7. The Carlswald Carnival will be held on Friday 3rd March from 1:30pm till 5:00pm. Cost of the ticket band is R150 which includes all the Fun activities for the afternoon. Ticket bands are on sale. Please purchase the ticket band from the office.
Children in Gr 1 – 7 have received a school diary. These diaries contain important information and should be checked and signed on a daily basis. A lost diary will incur a charge of R100
The Summer co-curricular programme is well under way.
All queries regarding the co-curricular programme (including Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day), must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
If you would like to enrol your child for swimming at 345 swim school, please contact Karen Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys: Hair needs to be short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Girls: Hair needs to be tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue.
If you would like your child to be a part of the school lunch programme for an additional fee, please contact Karen Visser at email@example.com
If you pack lunch for your child, please ensure that it is healthy and that there is enough food for a morning snack and lunch. We are NUT Free school. Please do not pack any food that contains any nuts.
School gates open at 06:30
School starts at 07:30
School ends at 13:30
Aftercare 14:00 – 17:30
- Emails sent from Ed Admin are system generated. Please DO NOT reply to these and rather direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The school gate opens at 6:30am. No child may be dropped off before this time.
- We require a months’ notice to cancel school services, aftercare, swimming and the lunch programme
- Tuckshop is every Friday. Children may bring money
- Please ensure all uniform items are labelled and the correct Summer uniform is worn
- Lost property is located next to the Aftercare class
- We are a NUT FREE school. No nut products are to be sent in
- No Smart watches or cell phones may be brought to school
- Your Statements for March will be emailed on Thursday 23rd February. Please check your email inboxes as well as your spam and junk mail.
- Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please contact Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com Please ensure Debit Order permission forms have been completed.