NOTICES 16th – 20th January 2023
Welcome back!! We would like to wish all our CHP families all the very best for 2023.
A very warm welcome to all our new parents to the CHP family. Our children are all settling in after the
Dec / Jan holidays. This week is full steam ahead in the classroom as well as all our co-curricular activities.
We welcome our new staff to CHP:
Ms Celeste Moody – Science
Ms Lauren Masterson – Grade R
Ms Georgia Labuschagne – Media
We wish you all a very happy stay at CHP.
Please Take Note…
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Accounts: All statements for February will be emailed on Wednesday 25th January 2023. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Annual School Fee Payments are to be paid by the 31st of January 2023 to qualify for the 5% discount
- Co-curricular Programme: All co-curricular activities are start today. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
- Swimming: 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cycle Tests Gr 4 – 7: Information regarding cycle tests has been emailed to all Gr 4-7 parents. Please take some time, read the information and ensure your child is prepared. The first cycle test is English Gr 5 – 7 will be held next Thursday 26th January.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled!
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Diaries 2023: Parents you will see that all our CHP children received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important, and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time and look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2023. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Lunch Programme: The children are enjoying the snack and lunch that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R1000 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser: email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
- *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1300 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R160 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuckshop: A highlight for all our children “Tuckshop Friday” is back!! Every Friday we will be having tuckshop for our children from Gr R-7. A variety of goodies will be sold. Please send money with your child on Friday.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
Dates to Diarise:
Valentine’s Day: Tuesday 14th February (Civvies R10 – Children can wear Red, White or Pink)
Special Person’s Day: Gr R – 3 on Thursday 23rd February more details will be emailed
Mid-Term Break: Thursday 23rd February (school closes at 11:00am) Tuesday 28th February (school re-opens).