CHP Weekly Notices
13th-17th March 2023
Dates to Diarise:
|Friday, 17th March||International Happiness Day – Children can come dressed in colourful clothes and crazy hairstyles.|
|Monday, 20th March||School Holiday – School closed|
|Tuesday, 21st March||Public Holiday – Human Rights Day – School Re-opens on Wednesday 22nd March at 7:00am|
|Saturday,1st April||CHP Junior Prep Concert – Details emailed 06/03.|
|Thursday, 6th April||End of Term 1. School closes at 11:00am|
|Wednesday 3rd May||Start of Term 2 – School re-opens at 7:00am|
This week’s class assembly: Thinking Assembly
This week’s Cycle Tests: Thursday 16th March
- Grade 4 – Mathematics
- Grade 7- English
International Happiness Day
Friday 17th March is International Happiness Day. International Day of Happiness is celebrated to recognize the importance of well-being and happiness in the lives of people. CHP will be celebrating this day. Children must come dressed in bright colourful clothing and some sort of crazy hairstyle. Throughout the day the children will be involved with activities pertaining to happiness.
School is closed on Monday 20th March. Tuesday 21st March is a Public Holiday – Human Rights Day. School re-opens on Wednesday 22nd March at 7:00am.
On Saturday 1st April 2023, Carlswald House Preparatory will be entertaining you once again with our concert ‘Zasendle’. Rehearsals are currently underway and we are all very excited for this magical afternoon of music and dance. Due to the growing number of learners and the popularity of the concert, this year, will only be for the Junior Prep (Grade R-3) and Grade 7 children. However ALL our families are invited to come and watch the production! The concert will be held in the Beaulieu College school hall at 13:00. You may purchase tickets at the front office with Leressa Sebastian. The tickets cost R100 per person. No Tickets will be sold at the Door.
Children in Gr 1-7 have received a school diary. These diaries contain important information and should be checked and signed on a daily basis. A lost diary will incur a charge of R100
The Summer co-curricular programme is drawing to a close. The Winter 1 co-curricular programme will commence on the 22nd March. Details to follow shortly.
All queries regarding the co-curricular programme (including Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day), must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
If you would like to enrol your child for swimming at 345 swim school, please contact Karen Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys: Hair needs to be short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Girls: Hair needs to be tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue.
If you would like your child to be a part of the school lunch programme for an additional fee, please contact Karen Visser at email@example.com
If you pack lunch for your child, please ensure that it is healthy and that there is enough food for a morning snack and lunch. We are NUT Free school. Please do not pack any food that contains any nuts.
School gates open at 06:30
School starts at 07:30
School ends at 13:30
Aftercare 14:00 – 17:30
- Emails sent from Ed Admin are system generated. Please DO NOT reply to these and rather direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The school gate opens at 6:30am. No child may be dropped off before this time.
- We require a months’ notice to cancel school services, aftercare, swimming and the lunch programme
- Tuckshop is every Friday. Children may bring money
- Please ensure all uniform items are labelled and the correct Summer uniform is worn
- Lost property is located next to the Aftercare class
- We are a NUT FREE school. No nut products are to be sent in
- No Smart watches or cell phones may be brought to school
- Your Statements for April 2023 will be emailed on Friday 24th March. Please check your email inboxes as well as your spam and junk mail.
- Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please contact Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com Please ensure Debit Order permission forms have been completed.