12th – 16th September 2022
Our Grade 4 – 6 children enjoyed a wonderful camp last week! Welcome back! The Grade 7s left this morning for their camp and will enjoy 4 days of fun together! All the best!
Please Take Note…
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Co-Curricular: Winter 2 Co-Curricular continues for this week. Please ensure you know which days and times your child is involved with co-curricular. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim School is now open. If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Tuckshop: A highlight for all our children is “Tuckshop Friday”. Every Friday we will be having tuckshop for our children from Gr R-7. A variety of goodies will be sold. Please send money with your child on Friday if you would like them to buy something.
- Heritage Day Festivities: Friday 23rd September Gr R-7 will be celebrating Heritage Day. Children can come dressed in their cultural/traditional dress or a South African sports jersey.
- Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night: On Friday 23rd September we are having our Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night. Letters with all the information will be emailed. Tickets are now on sale at R150 per child. Parents – NO Charge. You can purchase tickets from the office or your class teacher.
- Sports Photos – Gr 3-7: Parents on Tuesday 27th September and Wednesday 28th September we will taking sports photos. Further details will be emailed to.
- Spring Walk 2022: Saturday 1st October: We will hold our Spring Walk on Saturday 1st Letters will be sent with more information regarding the Spring Walk. This is a Fund Raising event for CHP. The sponsor forms will also be sent. Parents please help your children to bring in sponsorships or donations. Any lost forms will cost R200.
- Accounts: Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Road Upgrade: Lyncon Road is currently under construction. The road is being widened. Parents please drive cautiously on Lyncon Road in the mornings and afternoons.
- Parents, if your child is sick please keep them at home to get better properly and then return to school.
- Lost Property: Dear Parents, the amount of lost property found lying around the school by the end of each day is concerning. Piles of unmarked clothing, shoes, stationary, lunch bags etc. collected during this term have been placed in the lost property corridor next to the Aftercare class. Please make sure that your child’s clothing is clearly labelled. There will be an opportunity for parents to sift through/collect their children’s lost items every Friday from 13h30 to 14h00. Thereafter, all unclaimed items will be donated to the 2nd hand uniform shop.
- Additional Services Notice: Parents please note we require a months’ notice if you want to cancel any additional services, e.g. Aftercare, Lunch programme and Swimming.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately and in a parking bay.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to get out so your child can see you.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Responsibility: Parents, please encourage your children to pack their bags etc the night before. We would like to discourage parents from bringing things that the children have forgotten. They need to be organized and you need to assist them to have everything ready before they come to school.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is at CHP – below the jungle gym. Please check this regularly.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- School Times: GR R-7: Parents please note that school starts at 7:30am. Children must be at school by 7:20am.
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R950-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1200 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Homework: Parents please note that homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time in Aftercare for Aftercare children ONLY. Homework is supervised by the Aftercare teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday – Friday: 08h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
- Friday 23rd September: Heritage Day Festivities
- Friday 23rd September: Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night
- Tuesday 27th September: Sports Photos
- Wednesday 28th September: Sports Photos
- Saturday 1st October: Spring Walk – Compulsory school day