7th – 11th November 2022
Grade 6 and 7 learners have started their exams today! We wish them all the best! Please ensure all learners are at school before 7:30am. All exams end on Friday 11th November 2022.
Please Take Note…
- Parents, you will all have heard the devastating news of a child that was knocked over and killed in a school carpark in Johannesburg.
- We understand that our carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately and in a parking bay.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to get out so your child can see you.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- CHP Sports day: The CHP Sports Day will take place on Thursday 17th November at 9:00am. All information was emailed to you on Thursday 3rd November
- “Thank You” drive: “Thank You” drive for our wonderful assistants and grounds staff. As per last year, we are asking each child to bring in R60. We will be giving each assistant and grounds staff a Pick n Pay voucher. Letters will be going out with more details.
- Grade 7 Valediction: Grade 7 parents, the Grade 7 Valediction will be held on Thursday 1st December at 6:00pm at the Swiss Club Restaurant in Vorna Valley. Invitations have been emailed, Please RSVP by the 22nd November to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date – Gr R Parents: Grade R “Celebration of Me” assembly on Friday 2nd December. Invitations will be sent closer to the time
- Save the Date – ‘Celebration of Me’ Prize Giving (Grade 1 – 6 ) will be held on Tuesday 6th December. More details will be emailed closer to the time.
- Accounts: All statements for November have been emailed. Please check your email inboxes as well as your Spam and Junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim School is open. If you would like to enrol your child for swimming either this year or for 2023 please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Co-Curricular: Summer 2 Co-Curricular is running. Please ensure you know which days and times your child is involved with co-curricular. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: email@example.com
- Tuckshop: A highlight for all our children is “Tuckshop Friday”. Every Friday we will be having tuckshop for our children from Gr R-7. A variety of goodies will be sold. Please send money with your child on Friday if you would like them to buy something.
- Parents, if your child is sick please keep them at home to get better properly and then return them to school.
- Lost Property: Dear Parents, the amount of lost property found lying around the school by the end of each day is concerning. Piles of unmarked clothing, shoes, stationary, lunch bags etc. collected during this term have been placed in the lost property corridor next to the Aftercare class. Please make sure that your child’s clothing is clearly labelled. There will be an opportunity for parents to sift through/collect their children’s lost items every Friday from 13h30 to 14h00. Thereafter, all unclaimed items will be donated to the 2nd hand uniform shop.
- Additional Services Notice: Parents please note we require a months’ notice if you want to cancel any additional services, e.g. Aftercare, Lunch programme and Swimming.
- Responsibility: Parents, please encourage your children to pack their bags etc the night before. We would like to discourage parents from bringing things that the children have forgotten. They need to be organized and you need to assist them to have everything ready before they come to school.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is at CHP – below the jungle gym. Please check this regularly.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- School Times: GR R – 7: Parents please note that school starts at 7:30am. Children must be at school by 7:20am.
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R950-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
- *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1200 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework: Parents please note that homework supervision is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time in Aftercare for Aftercare children ONLY. Homework is supervised by the Aftercare teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 08h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
- Thursday 17th November: CHP Sports Day Gr R-7
- Thursday, 1st December: Grade 7 Valediction Dinner – Swiss Country Club. Start at 6:00pm
- Friday, 2nd December: Grade R “Celebration of Me”Assembly
- Tuesday 6th December: Gr 1 – 6 “Celebration of Me”
- Wednesday 7th December: End of Year Closure – School closes at 11:00am. No Aftercare.
- Wednesday 11th January 2023: Start of Term 1 – School Re-opens for start of Term 1 2023