NOTICES: 7th – 11th MARCH 2022
South Africa is currently on adjusted Lockdown Level 1. The following protocols must be followed:
• Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
• Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
• Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
• Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children and staff safe.
• CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
• Please park considerately and in a parking bay.
• Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to get out so your child can see you.
• When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
• ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
• School Photos: GR R-7: Class, Individual and Sibling Photos will be taken this Thursday 10th March and Friday 11th March. Children must come dressed in their full Summer uniform. If they have PE on those days, they must wear their school uniform and carry their PE kit. Senior Prep children must bring their blazers.
• Cycle Tests Gr 4 – 7: Information regarding the cycle tests has been emailed to all Gr 4-7 parents. Please take some time, read the information and ensure your child is prepared. The next cycle tests are Gr 4 – English on Thursday 10th March, Gr 5 and 6 – Afrikaans on Thursday 10th March and Gr 7 – Science on Thursday 10th March.
• Public Holiday: Parents Monday 21st March is a Public Holiday – Human Rights Day. School will be closed on Monday 21st March. School re-opens on Tuesday 22nd March at 7:00am.
• Family Fun Afternoon and Movie: Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night will now be held on Friday 8th April . If you have bought your ticket bands please make sure keep them in a safe place. If you haven’t bought your ticket bands, please do so, tickets are on sale at R150 per child. Parents – NO Charge. You can purchase tickets from the office or your class teacher.
• CHP School Concert- Gr R-7: The CHP School concert will be held on Saturday 2nd April. This is a compulsory school day. More details will be emailed with ticket prices and venue details.
• TERM’S NOTICE: Parents as per the school policies and procedures we require a term notice if you are not returning to CHP. We will require the notice on or before the 4th May 2022 if you are leaving at the end of the second term.
• Accounts: Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
• Responsibility: Parents, please encourage your children to pack their bags etc the night before. We would like to discourage parents from bringing things that the children have forgotten. They need to be organized and you need to assist them to have everything ready before they come to school.
• Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is at CHP – below the jungle gym. Please check this regularly.
• Tuckshop: A highlight for all our children, “Tuckshop Friday” is back!! Every Friday we will be having tuckshop for our children from Gr R-7. A variety of goodies will be sold. Please send money with your child on Friday if you would like them to buy something.
• Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
• School Times: GR R-7: Parents please note that school starts at 7:30am. Children must be at school by 7:20am.
• Co-curricular Programme: All co-curricular activities are running. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Diaries 2022: Parents you will see that all our CHP children from Grade 3-7 received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important, and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time and look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2022. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
• Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid 19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid 19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the music hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am.
All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
• Masks: Parents if your child is wearing the disposable masks, please put spares in their bags. During the day these masks tend to break.
• Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled!
• Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
• Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
• Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
• Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R950-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
• Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
*WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
• Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1200 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
• Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time in Aftercare. Homework is supervised by the Aftercare teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
• 345 Swim School: 345 Swim school is now open for CHP children Gr R-7. Limited spaces are available; first come, first served. Please email Anissa firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the swim school.
• Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
• School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday – Friday: 08h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
- CHP Photos: 10th and 11th March: Class, Individual and Sibling Photos- more details will be emailed.
- Public Holiday: Monday 21st March – Human Rights Day – School is Closed
- CHP Concert: Gr R-7 on Saturday 2nd April- Compulsory School Day-More Details will be emailed
- Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night: Friday 8th April – Tickets are on sale.
- End of Term 1: School closes on Wednesday 13th April at 11:00am. Aftercare continues as usual on that day.