NOTICES: 22nd – 25th MARCH 2022
South Africa is currently on adjusted Lockdown Level 1. The following protocols must be followed:
- Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children and staff safe.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately and in a parking bay.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to get out so your child can see you.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Cycle Tests Gr 4 – 7: Information regarding the cycle tests has been emailed to all Gr 4-7 parents. Please take some time, read the information and ensure your child is prepared. The next cycle tests are Gr 4 – Mathematics, Gr 5 and 6 – Social Science and Gr 7 – English 2 on Thursday 24th
- CHP School Concert- Gr R-7: The CHP School concert will be held on Saturday 2nd April in the Reddford House Blue Hills College Auditorium. This is a compulsory school day for all children. We are hosting 2 shows. The first show is at 12:00pm and the second show is 2:30pm. The tickets are on sale at R100 per person first come first serve basis. All details have been emailed.
- Family Fun Afternoon and Movie: Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night will be held on Friday 8th April . If you have bought your ticket bands please make sure keep them in a safe place. If you haven’t bought your ticket bands, please do so, tickets are on sale at R150 per child. Parents – NO Charge. You can purchase tickets from the office or your class teacher.
- End of Term 1: School closes on Wednesday 13th April at 11:00am. Please make the necessary transport arrangements to fetch your child at 11:00am. Aftercare continues as usual on that afternoon. School re-opens for Term 2 on Wednesday 4th May at 7:00am.
- 345 Swim School – April, May, June, and July: Parents, please remember that 345 Swim School remains open and operational during April, May, June and July. We have made some changes to our heating system to try and ensure that the water temperature remains constant during Winter. We encourage you to allow your children to swim throughout the Winter season. If you do not want them to swim, please ensure that you give the Swim School 1 months’ notice when cancelling.
- TERM’S NOTICE: Parents as per the school policies and procedures we require a full term’s notice if you are not returning to CHP. We will require the notice on or before the 4th May 2022 if you are leaving at the end of the second term.
- Accounts: All statements for April will be emailed 24th Please check your email inboxes as well as your Spam and Junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Responsibility: Parents, please encourage your children to pack their bags etc the night before. We would like to discourage parents from bringing things that the children have forgotten. They need to be organized and you need to assist them to have everything ready before they come to school.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is at CHP – below the jungle gym. Please check this regularly.
- Tuckshop: A highlight for all our children, “Tuckshop Friday” is back!! Every Friday we will be having tuckshop for our children from Gr R-7. A variety of goodies will be sold. Please send money with your child on Friday if you would like them to buy something.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- School Times: GR R-7: Parents please note that school starts at 7:30am. Children must be at school by 7:20am.
- Co-curricular Programme: All co-curricular activities are running. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diaries 2022: Parents you will see that all our CHP children from Grade 3-7 received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important, and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time and look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2022. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Masks: Parents if your child is wearing the disposable masks, please put spares in their bags. During the day these masks tend to break.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled!
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R950-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1200 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time in Aftercare. Homework is supervised by the Aftercare teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 08h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
CHP Concert: Gr R-7 on Saturday 2nd April- Compulsory School Day– TICKETS ARE ON SALE
Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night: Friday 8th April – TICKETS ARE ON SALE
End of Term 1: School closes on Wednesday 13th April at 11:00am. Aftercare continues as usual on that day.