NOTICES 9th – 13th September 2019
Welcome back to Term 3, the final term for the year. All the children are well rested and had a great holiday. Now let’s gear up for an awesome term!
- Welcome: We would like to welcome all the new families to the CHP family. We wish you a happy stay at CHP. We would like to welcome our new Zulu teacher Ms Sthabile Mthethwa. Ms Mthethwa will be teaching Gr 4-7 Isizulu. Welcome back to Mrs Tracy Sowerby who was away on maternity leave.
- Grade 4 Camp: The Grade 4 children along with Mr Lord, Miss McNamara and Miss Elsworth will be leaving on Wednesday 11th September at 7:30am and will return to school on Friday 13th September by 1:00pm. The venue for the educational tour is Camp Nelu in Rustenburg.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to the reception.
- Heritage Day Festivities: Friday 20th September Gr R -7 will be celebrating Heritage Day. Children can come dressed in their cultural traditional dress or a South African sports jersey.
- School Holiday: Monday 23rd September: This day is an official school holiday. School is closed, there is no holiday care. Heritage Day Public Holiday on Tuesday 24th September. School is closed, there is no holiday care.
- Spring Walk 2019: Saturday 28th September We will hold our Spring Walk on Saturday 28th Letters will be sent with more information regarding the Spring Walk. The sponsor forms will also be sent. Parents please help your children to bring in the sponsorships or donations. Any lost forms will cost R200.
- In Celebration of Spring 2019 on Spring Walk, the children can make a flower tiara or flower garlands to wear on their hair or around the necks. They can dress in bright, colourful clothing. This year we have an exciting addition to our Spring Walk; after the Spring Walk, we will be having a Jazz Music concert hosted by Teacher KG.
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming in September, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Terms Notice – Grade R-6: If your child is not returning in 2020, please note we require a full terms notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed a terms fees. The terms notice must be given in writing by the 9th September 2019.
- 2020 School Fee Structure: Parents the school fee structure for 2020 has been emailed. It is also available on our website https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2020/ If you would like to change your payment options for 2020 please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- Accounts: Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Please mark and label all your child’s clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for his or her own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check the lost property regularly
- Summer uniform: Please ensure your children are wearing the correct summer uniform. http://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/school-information/uniform/
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunch Programme: The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R750-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: Parents if your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets or fizzy drinks please!
WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PEANUTS TO SCHOOL OR PRODUCTS MADE WITH PEANUTS OR ANY OTHER NUTS!
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT: Parents please note your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. They may not be a distraction to the child or the class. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Parents these are the times the uniform shop will be open. Please take note of the days and times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Normal Shop Hours:
Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from the close of day after co-curricular and supervised homework (15h00) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
Dates to Diarise:
- Friday 20th September: Heritage Day Festivities
- Monday 23rd September: School Holiday
- Tuesday 24th September: Public Holiday – Heritage Day
- Thursday 26th September: Class Photos
- Friday 27th September: Sports Photos
- Saturday 28th September: Spring Walk- Compulsory school day