NOTICES 30th September- 4th October 2019
A very big “Thank You” to all our parents and children for making our Family Spring Walk a success. It was a wonderful day.
A Special “Thank You” to our sponsors for the Spring Walk gifts;
Mrs Alisha Singh from Royal Elegance www.royalelegance.co.za
Mrs Cheryl Naidoo: Loreal
Mrs Vashnie Bodasing: Loreal
Katlego Maloka: Herbalife Nutrition.
We really appreciate your sponsors.
- Half Term Break: School closes on Thursday 24th October at 11:00am. Aftercare will continue as usual on Thursday. School will re-open on Tuesday 29th October at 7:00am.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is no Holiday Club during the Mid Term break. Half term break is for CHP and 345 children. Carlswald Campus will be closed.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Assembly 2019: On Friday 4th October 7:30am, Grade 1C will be hosting the assembly. When it’s your child’s class assembly you are more than welcome to come and watch the assembly. The assembly is approximately half an hour.
- Grade 5 Camp: Grade 5 children will be going on camp on Wednesday 9th October and will return on Friday 11th October. Kit lists and indemnity forms have been sent home. Please return indemnity forms to the class teacher.
- Grade 6 – 7 Camp: Grade 6 – 7 children will be going on camp on Tuesday 8th October and will return on Friday 11th October. Kit lists and indemnity forms have been sent home. Please return indemnity forms to the class teacher.
- CHP Music Soiree: The CHP Music department will be hosting a Music Soiree on Friday 18th October at 4:30pm. Tickets will be on Sale at R30-00 per person. Invitations will be sent out with more details.
- Slip and Slide Day: Thursday 24th October Due to the upcoming Half Term break and to welcome Summer, we will be hosting a Slip and Slide Day. We will have slip and slide jumping castles. Children can wear civvies to school, they must carry their swimming costume and towel. Each child will also receive an ice cream. The cost is R20 per child.
- 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming lessons in October, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Giving Notice (Grade R-6): If your child is leaving CHP, please note we require a full terms notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed a term’s fees. This notice window has now passed.
- 2020 School Fee Structure: The school fee structure for 2020 has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2020/ If you would like to change your payment options for 2020 please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- Accounts: Please note: If we do not receive payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
Your debit order will go off on Monday 1st October.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the car park is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the car park, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: When you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant person (all email addresses are on the website)
- Lunch Programme: The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R750-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
*WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS!
- Opening Times: Please note that no children may be dropped off before 6:30am. The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from 15h00 (After co-curricular and supervised homework) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework: Supervised homework is only scheduled for 1 hour between 14:00 and 15:00. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in this time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
Dates to Diarise:
- Friday 18th October: CHP Music Soiree – Invitations to go out
- Thursday 24th October: Slip and Slide
- Thursday 24th October: Mid Term Break school closes on Thursday at 11:00am
- Tuesday 29th October: School Re- Opens on Tuesday at 7:00am