NOTICES 2nd – 6th December 2019
It is the final week of the 2019 school year… Wow!! This year has gone by so quickly and has been a wonderful year at CHP. We look forward to another successful year in 2020. We would like to wish all our special CHP families a very happy and restful holiday. If you are travelling, please be safe and take care.
JANUARY 2020: School re-opens on Wednesday 15th January 2020 at 7:00am.
The last day of school is Thursday 6th December. School will close at 11:00am and the school will close down at 12:00pm. ALL CHILDREN must be collected.
There will be NO supervision after 12:00pm.**
Please note that ALL OUTSTANDING SCHOOL FEES must be paid and settled by the end of the year. Families with outstanding fee accounts will not be allowed to commence the 2020 school year.
- Grade 1-7 Co-Curricular: The Co-curricular programme has ended. School will end at 1:30pm. The supervised homework period will continue from 2:00pm – 3:00pm.
- Stationery Requirements 2020: Next year your child’s stationary will be for you to purchase personally. We have adjusted the Consumables Levy for 2020 to exclude stationary. The stationery lists will be sent out to all learners this week. We have partnered with Forms Media to help you with your child’s stationery pack. They have reserved the best prices for CHP learners. If you choose this options, you may purchase your stationery pack online and it will be delivered to school on or before the 13th January 2020, ready for when your child returns to school on the 15th Follow the detailed instructions on how to do the online purchase. Stationery packs will only be delivered with full payment. Proof of payment must be sent to the email address provided on the letter. You may also purchase your child’s stationary at Waltons, Makro or CAN should you wish.
- Celebration of Me: Our Prize Giving celebration for 2019 will be held on Wednesday 4th The Programme is as follows:
- *Due to the extremely high chance of rain, our Celebration of Me prize giving will take place in the children’s classrooms.*
- JUNIOR PREP: Grade 1-3 Parents of Junior Prep children need to be at school by 7:30am to start promptly at 8:00am. Children are allowed to go home after the ceremony.
- Time: 8:00am-9:00am
- Refreshments will be served after the celebration in the Music Hall.
- SENIOR PREP: Grade 4-7 Parents of Senior Prep children need to be at school by 9:00am to start promptly at 9:30am. Children are allowed to go home after the ceremony.
- Time: 9:30am-10:30am
- Refreshments will be served after the celebration.
- A beautiful art display showcasing CHP art will be displayed alongside the refreshments in the music hall, please take time to appreciate our talented learner’s art work.
- Should it be raining, please bring along an umbrella.
- Uniform Shop: To purchase uniform for 2020, the uniform shop will be open daily between 7:30am – 12:00pm from the 5th November to the 4th December 2019.
- January 2020 – the uniform shop will open on as follows:
- Friday 10th January 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday 11th January 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Monday 13th January – CLOSED
- Tuesday 14th January 7:30am-10:00am
- Giving Notice (Grade R-6): If your child is leaving CHP, please note we require a full terms notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed one term’s fees. This notice window has now passed and any notice given now will attract a term’s fees in lieu of notice .
- 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming lessons in 2020, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 School Fee Structure: The school fee structure for 2020 has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2020/ If you would like to change your payment options for 2020 please email Karen Visser at email@example.com
- Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- 2020 3 Term Calendar: The CHP 3 term calendar has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/planner-calendar/term-dates/
- Accounts: If we do not receive payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- January 2020 Statements: Please note, your statements for January 2020 school fees and your annual compulsory consumables levy will be billed and sent out on the 9th December 2020. Please budget for the school fees and consumables levy.
- Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month or your debit order bounces, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
- CAR PARK: We understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious. Please park considerately. Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child. When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit. ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: When you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant person (all email addresses are on the website).
- Lunch Programme: The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they receive daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R750-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their lunch, please ensure that you pack enough food for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
*WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS!
- Opening Times: Please note that no children may be dropped off before 6:30am. The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
Aftercare: Aftercare operates from 15h00 (After co-curricular and supervised homework) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework: Supervised homework is only scheduled for 1 hour between 14:00 and 15:00. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in this time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
Dates to Diarise:
- Wednesday 4th December: Celebration of Me – Prize Giving
- Thursday 5th December: School closes at 11:00am. All children collected by 12:00pm latest.
- Wednesday 15th January 2020: School re-opens 7:30am