NOTICES 29th November – 3rd December 2021
South Africa is currently on Lockdown Level 1. It is important that we remain vigilant in all areas of life and not allow complacency to creep in. The following protocols must be followed:
- Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children and staff safe.
Please Take Note…
Please note that ALL OUTSTANDING SCHOOL FEES must be paid and settled by the end of the year. Families with outstanding fee accounts will not be allowed to commence the 2022 school year.
- Last day of school Wednesday 8th December. School will close at 11:00am and the school will close down at 11:30am. ALL CHILDREN must be collected. There will be NO supervision after 11:30am.
- Masks: Parents if your child is wearing the disposable masks, please put spares in their bags. During the day these masks tend to break.
- “Thank You” drive: “Thank You” drive for our wonderful assistants and grounds staff. As per last year, we are asking each child to bring in R60. We will be giving each assistant and grounds staff a Pick n Pay voucher. Please start sending in the R60-00 with your child. Wednesday 1st December is the final day to send in your money.
- Gr 7 Valediction: Grade 7 Parents the Gr 7 Valediction is this Thursday 2nd December at 5:30pm. The Valediction will be held at the Swiss Country Club 31 Moerdyk Street, Vorna Valley . The dress code is formal. All Grade 7 learners must be in full school uniform. They must be wearing their school blazers.
- Co-Curricular: Gr 1-7 Parents, all co-curricular activities will end this Friday 3rd December. From Monday 6th December school closes at 1:30pm. Aftercare will continue from 2:00pm as usual.
- Stationery Requirements 2022: Parents, the stationery lists for 2022 were emailed on Friday 12th We have partnered with Forms Media to help you with your child’s stationery pack. They have reserved the best prices for CHP. You purchase your stationery pack online and it will be delivered to school. Parents can collect the stationery from school on Monday 10th January 2022 and Tuesday 11th January 2022. Follow the detailed instructions on how to do the online purchase. Stationery packs will only be delivered with full payment. Proof of payment must be sent to the emails provided on the letter. You may also purchase your child’s stationary at Walton’s, Makro or any other stationery supplier should you wish.
- Grade 1-6 Celebration of Me: The “Celebration of Me” Prize Giving will be held on Monday 6th December and Tuesday 7th December depending on the grade. Due to Covid Protocols we will not have parents on the campus. “Celebration of Me” will be held via Zoom for each Grade. More details to follow.
- Uniform Shop: To purchase uniform for 2022, the uniform shop is currently open daily between 8:00am- 12:00pm.
- January 2022 – the uniform shop will open on as follows:
- Thursday 6th January 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Friday 7th January 7:30am-11:00am
- Monday 10th January 7:30am-12:00pm
- Tuesday 11th January 7:30am-12:00pm
- Giving Notice (Grade R-6): If your child is leaving CHP, please note we require a full term’s notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed a term’s fees. Notice may now only be given for end of the First Term 2022.
- Accounts: All statements for December were emailed on Wednesday 24th November 2021. Please check your email inboxes as well as your Spam and Junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Summer Uniform: Gr R-7, all children are to wear Summer uniform. Please ensure you have the correct uniform. (See Uniform Shop opening times below)
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid-19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid-19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the Music Hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am. All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim School is open for swimming lessons. If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vehicle Security Sticker: Parents, please ensure that you all have a 345/CHP sticker on your windscreen. If you do not have a sticker, please collect from Sylvester at the security. Each family may receive 2 stickers. Should you need more, they may be purchased from Leressa for R50.
- Aftercare: Reminder that children waiting in Aftercare for their siblings to complete their co-curricular activities will be signed into Aftercare and you will be billed as the children are being supervised during this time.
- Collection Cards Gr R-2: Collection cards were handed out to all Gr R – Gr 2 children. Parents, please ensure you show the collection card when collecting your child in the afternoons.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Parents, please ensure that you call the office or email email@example.com to inform the school if there is anyone else other than yourself fetching your child. We require the name, surname, ID number and telephone number of the person. This also applies if your child will be going on transport. They MUST also display a Collection Card.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1000 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hair – Boys: Parents, please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents, please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are enjoying daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R900-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
Dates to Diarise:
- Thursday 2nd December: Gr 7 Valediction & “Celebration of Me” Prize Giving
- Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th December: Gr 1-6 “Celebration of Me” Prize Giving
- Wednesday 8th December: School closes at 11:00am – NO AFTERCARE
- Wednesday 12th January 2022: School re-opens at 7:00am