NOTICES 28th October- 1st November 2019
We are deep into the final term of the year! It’s time to focus and work towards December. Assessments are in full swing and the Grade 5 – 7 classes will start their examinations in November. Please ensure your child is at school every day.
- Important Notice: Parents if your child is sick, Please DO NOT send them to school. They need to be at home to recover fully before returning to school. If your child is absent from school for 2 or more days, we will need a doctor’s letter when they return.
- Giving Notice (Grade R-6): If your child is leaving CHP, please note we require a full terms notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed a term’s fees. This notice window has now passed and any notice given now will attract a term’s fees in lieu of notice .
- Assembly 2019: On Friday 1st November 7:30am, the Zulu department will be hosting the assembly. Invitations will be sent home with the individual children participating. When it’s your child’s class assembly you are more than welcome to come and watch the assembly. The assembly is approximately half an hour.
- Grade 7: Exams start on Thursday 7th November. Please ensure your child is well prepared and they are at school every day. The exams end on Friday 15th
- Grade 5 and 6: Exams start on Monday 11th November. Please ensure your child is well prepared and they are at school every day. The exams end on Friday 15th
- Parents Information Evening: Attention Gr 3 Parents! An information evening regarding Gr 4 2020 is planned for Thursday 21st November at 6:00pm on the Astro. Invitations have been emailed, please R.S.V.P.
- Food Drive: Gr R- 7: This term we are organising a food drive for 2 local animal rescue centres. The 2 charities are Kitty and Puppy Haven and Paws R US. We are requesting each child to bring in Puppy, Kitten and Dog food. Letters will be going out requesting the different grades to bring in certain foods.
- “Thank You” drive: “Thank You” drive for our wonderful assistants and grounds staff. As per last year, we are asking each child to bring in R50. We will be giving each assistant and grounds staff a Pick n Pay voucher. Letters will be going out with more details.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Grade 7 Valediction: Grade 7 parents, Please Save The Date. The Grade 7 Valediction will be held on Thursday 28th November at 6:00pm at Da Vincenzo Italian Restaurant in Kyalami. Invitations will be sent with more details.
- Grade R Assembly: Grade R Parents, Please Save The Date. The Gr R final assembly will be held on Friday 29th November. Invitations will be sent out closer to the time.
- Grade 1-7 Celebration of Me: The “Celebration of Me” and prize giving will be held on Wednesday 4th The Junior Prep (Grade 1-3) will start at 8:00am and the Senior Prep (Grade 4-7) will start at 10:00am at 8:00am. Please Save the Date.
- Last day of school Thursday 5th School will close at 11:00am and the school will close down at 12:00pm. ALL CHILDREN must be collected. There will be NO supervision after 12:00pm.
- 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming lessons in November, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- 2020 School Fee Structure: The school fee structure for 2020 has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2020/ If you would like to change your payment options for 2020 please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- 2020 3 Term Calendar: The CHP 3 term calendar has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/planner-calendar/term-dates/
- Accounts: Your statements for your November 2019 fees were emailed on the 24th October 2019. Please check your emails as well as your junk/spam folders. If you do not receive your statement, please email Karen Visser at email@example.com
- Please note: If we do not receive payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
Your debit order will go off on Friday 1st November.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: When you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com or the relevant person (all email addresses are on the website)
- Lunch Programme: The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R750-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
- *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS!
- Opening Times: Please note that no children may be dropped off before 6:30am. The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from 15h00 (After co-curricular and supervised homework) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Homework: Supervised homework is only scheduled for 1 hour between 14:00 and 15:00. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in this time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
Dates to Diarise:
- Thursday 7th November: Grade 7 Exams Start
- Monday 11th November: Grade 5/6 Exams Start
- Thursday 21st November: Gr 3 Parents – Gr 4 2020 Information evening
- Thursday 28th November: Gr 7 Valediction Dinner
- Friday 29th November: Gr R Assembly
- Wednesday 4th December: Celebration of Me – Prize Giving
- Thursday 5th December: School closes at 11:00am. All children collected by 12:00pm latest.