NOTICES 25th – 29th November 2019
Parents as the end of year approaches, lots of communication will be going out. Please check and read your emails as well as your child’s message books/homework diary daily.
Please note that ALL OUTSTANDING SCHOOL FEES must be paid and settled by the end of the year. Families with outstanding fee accounts will not be allowed to commence the 2020 school year.
**IMPORTANT: Last day of school**
Thursday 5th December. School will close at 11:00am and the school will close down at 12:00pm. ALL CHILDREN must be collected. There will be NO supervision after 12:00pm.
- Grade 1-7 Co-Curricular: The Co-curricular programme will end this Friday, 29th November.
- Stationery Requirements 2020: Parents, next year your child’s stationary will be for you to purchase personally. We have adjusted the Consumables Levy for next year to exclude stationary. The stationery lists will be sent out to all learners this week. We have partnered with Forms Media to help you with your child’s stationery pack. They have reserved the best prices for CHP. You purchase your stationery pack online and it will be delivered to school on or before the 13th January 2020 ready for when your child returns to school on the 15th January 2020. Follow the detailed instructions on how to do the online purchase. Stationery packs will only be delivered once full payment is made. Proof of payment must be sent to Forms Media. You may also purchase your child’s stationary at Waltons, Makro or CNA should you wish.
- “Thank You” drive: “Thank You” drive for our wonderful assistants and grounds staff. As per last year, we are asking each child to bring in R50. We will be giving each assistant and grounds staff a Pick n Pay voucher. Please start sending in your R50. Money is due on or before Friday 29th November.
- Grade 7 Valediction: Grade 7 Parents Only: Invitations have been sent out via email. Please RSVP as per the email invitation. The Grade 7 Valediction will be held on Thursday 28th November at 6:00pm at Da Vincenzo Italian Restaurant in Kyalami. The dress code is Formal.
- Grade R Assembly: Grade R Parents, the Grade R final assembly will be held on Friday 29th November at 8:00am on the ASTRO.
- Grade 1-7 Celebration of Me: The “Celebration of Me” and prize giving will be held on Wednesday 4th The Junior Prep (Grade 1-3) will start at 8:00am and the Senior Prep (Grade 4-7) will start at 10:00am.
- Uniform Shop: To purchase uniform for 2020, the uniform shop will be open daily between 7:30am- 12:00pm from the 5th November to the 4th
- January 2020 – the uniform shop will open on as follows:
- Friday 10th January 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Saturday 11th January 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Monday 13th January – CLOSED
- Tuesday 14th January 7:30am-10:00am
- Giving Notice (Grade R-6): If your child is leaving CHP, please note we require a full terms notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed a term’s fees. This notice window has now passed and any notice given now will attract a term’s fees in lieu of notice .
- 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming lessons in 2020, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- 2020 School Fee Structure: The school fee structure for 2020 has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2020/ If you would like to change your payment options for 2020 please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- 2020 – 3 Term Calendar: The CHP 3 term calendar has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/planner-calendar/term-dates/
- Accounts: Statements for your December 2019 fees were emailed on Tuesday 19th November. Please check your emails as well as your junk/spam folders. If you did not receive your statement, please email Karen Visser at email@example.com Please note: If we do not receive payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious. Please park considerately. Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child. When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit. ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: When you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com or the relevant person (all email addresses are on the website)
- Lunch Programme: The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R750-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
*WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS!
- Opening Times: Please note that no children may be dropped off before 6:30am. The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
- Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from 15h00 (After co-curricular and supervised homework) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Homework: Supervised homework is only scheduled for 1 hour between 14:00 and 15:00. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in this time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
Dates to Diarise:
- Thursday 28th November: Gr 7 Valediction Dinner
- Friday 29th November: Gr R Assembly
- Wednesday 4th December: Celebration of Me – Prize Giving
- Thursday 5th December: School closes at 11:00am. All children collected by 12:00pm latest.
- Wednesday 15th January 2020: School re-opens 7:30am