NOTICES 24th – 28th February 2020
Mid Term break: School closes on Thursday 27th February at 11:00am. Please make the necessary transport arrangements. Aftercare will continue as usual. School re-opens on Tuesday 3rd March at 7:00am. There will be NO Holiday Care during this time.
** Don’t forget to download the CHP app from your app store or Google Play Store. It’s a free download!**
- Very Important : Parents please do not go directly to your child’s classes during school hours between 7:30am-1:30pm. Please report to reception.
- Responsibility: Parents, please encourage your children to pack their bags etc the night before. We would like to discourage parents from bringing things that the children have forgotten. They need to be organized and you need to assist them to have everything ready before they come to school.
- CHP Holiday Fun Club: Gr 1-7: Parents a survey has been emailed to see if you will be interested in a Holiday Fun Club for the April and August holidays. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey. If we receive a good response, we may start the Holiday Fun Club.
- Swimming: 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Mr Anthony Lord, email@example.com
- Special Persons Day: Thursday 27th February: Special person day for only Grade R, 1, 2 and 3 children. Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, Big Brothers or Sisters and Nannies are welcome as special persons. If the special person cannot make the day, parents are welcome to attend. Special Person’s day starts at 8:00am on the Astro.
- As part of our Special Person’s Day we would like each child to donate a children’s book. We will be donating the books to a children’s home as part of our Community Support Programme. The donated book or books can be a second-hand books, in good condition. It can be a fiction or non-fiction book. This book MUST be at Special Person’s Day on February 27th
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Lunch Programme: Parents please note if your child is not on the lunch programme and they eat the morning snack, you will be billed for the full meal that day. Please pack a snack for the morning.
- Accounts: All statements for March will be emailed on 24th February 2020. Please check your email inboxes as well as your Spam and Junk mail. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Eye Screening Gr R – 3: On Wednesday 26th February The Care Junction will be coming to the school for Eye screenings for Gr R – 3 children only. Consent forms have been sent home. If you would like your child to have their eyes checked, please complete the consent form and send back to school. Your school fee account will be billed for the eye screening.
- Family Fun Afternoon and Movie: Parents on Friday 6th March we are having our Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night. Letters with all the information have been emailed. Tickets are on Sale at R150-00 per child. Parents NO Charge. You can purchase tickets from the office or your class teacher.
Dates to Diarise:
Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night: Friday 6th March start 3:30pm. Tickets are on sale!
Individual and Sibling Photos: Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th March – More details to follow.
Cambridge Information Parents Evening: Thursday 26th March
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the carpark is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the carpark, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- School Uniform Shop: Parents these are the times the uniform shop will be open. Please take note of the days and times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Normal Shop Hours:
- Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
- Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the Aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT: Parents please note your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. They may not be a distraction to the child or the class. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- Diaries 2020: Parents you will see that all our CHP children received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time to look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2020. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any brief communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- Lunch Programme: The children are enjoying the snack and lunch that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R800 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from the close of day after co-curricular and supervised homework (15h00) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R150-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R300 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com