NOTICES 21st – 25th September 2020
We hope that you are all feeling a little brighter and more positive today. It’s wonderful to see more children returning to school this morning! However, it is important that we remain vigilant in all areas of life and not allow complacency to creep in.
Thank you, parents and staff, for your amazing support for our virtual Spring Walk. It was a beautiful and colourful morning. There was some very interesting and creative hats. Well done to everyone!
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid 19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid 19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the music hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am.
All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- Digital learning – Phased Approach: Gr 1-7 as per the communication emailed regarding Digital Learning phased approach. Phase 1 has started today 21st Grade R: Phase 1 commences 28 September.
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R990 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R100 per day. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are enjoying daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R800-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
- *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS!
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim school is now open for CHP children Gr R-7. Limited spaces are available; first come, first served. Please email Anissa firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the swim school.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled!
- Heritage Day Festivities – Wednesday 23rd September: Gr R-7 will be celebrating Heritage Day. Children can come dressed in their cultural/traditional clothing or a South African sports jersey. Online learners can dress up at home.
- Heritage Day Charity Drive: We will be having a school drive to collect “Gently Worn” shoes to pass them on to other children who need a good pair of shoes. Please go through your children’s cupboards to collect shoes that your child has outgrown but are still in good and wearable condition. There will be collection bins at each temperature check point for the learners to place their shoes in when they arrive at school next Wednesday. If your child is not returning to school during Phase 1 and still enjoying our Digital Learning programme, but would still like to make a donation, there will be a collection bin at the gate for you to drop off your shoes. We understand that these are difficult times, so any donation will be greatly appreciated. If possible, please tie the shoe laces together or place the pair in a plastic bag so the shoes remain together.
- Heritage Day Public Holiday – Thursday 24th September – School is closed and there is no holiday care.
- School Holiday Friday 25th September: This day is an official school holiday. School is closed and there is no holiday care.
- 2021 School Fee Structure: The school fee structure for 2021 has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2021/
If you would like to change your payment options for 2021 please email Karen Visser email@example.com
Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- Accounts: Your billing for October fees will be emailed on the 23rd Please check your inboxes as well as your junk/spam mailboxes. If you do not receive your invoice, please email Karen Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your debit order will go off on Thursday 1st October.
- Please note: If we do not receive payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Summer uniform: Please ensure your children are wearing the correct summer uniform. http://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/school-information/uniform/
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: When you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant person (all email addresses are on the website)
- Opening Times: Please note that no children may be dropped off before 6:30am. The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
Dates to Diarise:
- Wednesday 23rd September: Heritage Day Festivities
- Thursday 24th September: Public Holiday – Heritage Day
- Friday 25th September: School Holiday
- Friday 16th October: Midterm break school closes at 1:30pm
- Monday 26th October: School re-opens after Midterm break at 7:00am