NOTICES 17th – 21st January 2022
Welcome Back! We would like to wish all our CHP families all the very best for 2022.
A very warm welcome to all our new parents to the CHP family. We hope that you are all feeling bright and positive today. It is wonderful to see all our children returning to school this morning! However, it is important that we remain vigilant in all areas of life regarding COVID and not allow complacency to creep in.
South Africa is currently on Lockdown Level 1. The following protocols must be followed:
- Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children and staff safe.
We welcome our new staff to CHP:
Mrs Carol Jordaan (Grade R)
Mr Gora Ebrahim (JP Afrikaans Specialist)
Mrs Connie Friedmann (JP and SP Music Specialist)
Ms Aimee Madeley (Media)
We wish them all a happy stay at CHP.
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid 19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid 19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the music hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am. All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- Masks: Parents if your child is wearing the disposable masks, please put spares in their bags. During the day these masks tend to break.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- School Times: GR R-7: Parents please note that school starts at 7:30am. Children must be at school by 7:20 am.
- Co-curricular Programme: All co-curricular activities start Today Monday 17th January. All queries regarding the co-curricular programme as well as the Grade 1 and 2 Integrated Day, must be directed to our Head of Sport, Mr Anthony Lord: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diaries 2022: Parents you will see that all our CHP children from Grade 3-7 received their CHP homework diaries. These diaries are very important, and your child must bring them to school every day. Please take some time and look at your child’s diary, it has very important information about the school and the yearly planner with all the events and holidays for 2022. You must check the diary on a daily basis and sign it. You can write any communication to the teacher in the homework diary. If your child loses the diary, R100-00 will be charged to your account to replace the diary.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct Summer uniform and that it is labelled! Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Hair – Boys: Parents please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R950-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1200 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Homework: Parents please note homework is only scheduled for 1 hour during homework time in Aftercare. Homework is supervised by the Aftercare teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in the time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim school is now open for CHP children Gr R-7. Limited spaces are available; first come, first served. Please email Anissa firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to join the swim school.
- Accounts: All statements for February will be emailed on Tuesday 25th January 2022. Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
- Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Annual School Fee Payments are to be paid by the 31st of January 2022.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 08h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
Valentine’s Day Celebrations: Monday 14th February ( Civvies R10 – Children can wear Red, White or Pink)
Mid-Term Break: Thursday 24th February (school closes at 11:00am) – Tuesday 1st March (school re-opens).
Family Fun Afternoon and Movie Night: Friday 4th March more details will be emailed