NOTICES 16th – 20th September 2019
Term 3 is successfully on its way! All children are settled and geared up for the rest of the term.
- Uniform: Summer uniform must be worn to school. Parents please ensure that your child is wearing the correct summer uniform and that it is labelled! If your child brings home uniform that does not belong to them, PLEASE return the uniform to reception.
- Heritage Day Festivities: Friday 20th September Gr R -7 will be celebrating Heritage Day. Children can come dressed in their cultural/traditional clothing or a South African sports jersey.
- School Holiday: Monday 23rd September: This day is an official school holiday. School is closed and there is no holiday care. Heritage Day Public Holiday on Tuesday 24th September. School is closed and there is no holiday care.
- Spring Walk 2019: Spring Walk 2019 will be held on Saturday 28th Sponsorship forms have been sent home. Please help your children collect and return sponsorships or donations.
- Lost forms will cost R200.
- In Celebration of Spring 2019 on Spring Walk, the children can make a flower tiara or flower garlands to wear on their hair or around the necks. They can dress in bright, colourful clothing. This year we have an exciting addition to our Spring Walk; after the Spring Walk, we will be having a Jazz Music concert hosted by Teacher KG.
- Grade 5 Camp: Grade 5 children will be going on camp Wednesday 9th October and will return on Friday 11th October. Kit lists and indemnity forms have been sent home. Please return indemnity forms to the class teacher.
- Grade 6-7 Camp: Grade 6-7 children will be going on camp Tuesday 8th October and will return on Friday 11th October. Kit lists and indemnity forms have been sent home. Please return indemnity forms to the class teacher.
- 345 Swim School: If you would like to enrol your child for swimming lessons in September, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Giving Notice (Grade R-6): If your child is leaving CHP, please note we require a full terms notice. If we do not receive a terms notice, you will be billed a term’s fees.
- 2020 School Fee Structure: The school fee structure for 2020 has been sent out via email. It is also available on our website at https://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/admissions-fees/fees-2020/ If you would like to change your payment options for 2020 please email Karen Visser email@example.com
Please Note: If we do not receive any notification, your payment structure will remain as you are currently paying.
- Accounts: Your billing for October fees will be emailed on the 20th Please check your inboxes as well as your junk/spam mailboxes. If you do not receive your invoice, please email Karen Visser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your debit order will go off on Monday 1st October.
- Please note: If we do not receive payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com
Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- CAR PARK: Parents, we understand that the car park is busy and you are in a hurry in the mornings and the afternoons, but always remember that this is a school and our little people are very precious.
- Please park considerately.
- Please DO NOT sit in the car and hoot for your children, you are required to go in to collect your child.
- When you are driving out of the car park, please STOP before you exit.
- ALWAYS BE PATIENT AND CONSIDERATE
- Please mark and label all clothing. If your child brings home someone else’s uniform, please return to the office or class teacher. Teach your child to be responsible for their own property. The lost property box is in the aftercare center at CHP. Please check this regularly.
- Summer uniform: Please ensure your children are wearing the correct summer uniform. http://www.carlswaldhouse.co.za/school-information/uniform/
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: When you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org or the relevant person (all email addresses are on the website)
- Lunch Programme: The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are receiving daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R750-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser email@example.com if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed.
*WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS!
- Opening Times: Please note that no children may be dropped off before 6:30am. The gates will remain closed.
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
Uniform Shop Hours:
Monday / Wednesday / Thursday / Friday: 07h30 to 09h30
Tuesdays: 07h30 to 08h30 & 12h00 to 15h00
- Aftercare: Aftercare operates from 15h00 (After co-curricular and supervised homework) until 17h30 and includes additional snacks. A penalty fee of R100-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R200 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homework: Supervised homework is only scheduled for 1 hour between 14:00 and 15:00. Homework is supervised by the teachers. If your child does not finish their homework in this time frame, they must complete their homework at home.
Dates to Diarise:
- Friday 20th September: Heritage Day Festivities
- Monday 23rd September: School Holiday
- Tuesday 24th September: Public Holiday – Heritage Day
- Thursday 26th September: Class Photos
- Friday 27th September: Sports Photos
- Saturday 28th September: Spring Walk- Compulsory school day