NOTICES 15th – 19th November 2021
South Africa is currently on Lockdown Level 1. It is important that we remain vigilant in all areas of life and not allow complacency to creep in. The following protocols must be followed:
- Absolute transparency regarding possible contact at work or at home, informing the school immediately.
- Strict adherence to Covid-19 protocols by pupils, parents, and guardians.
- Parents are not permitted to walk through the school. Please report to reception.
- Parents are not permitted to drop off books, lunch, water bottles etc. for their children. Children must pack their bags responsibly.
Your co-operation will be appreciated. We are determined to do everything in our power to keep your children and staff safe.
Please Take Note…
- Last day of school Wednesday 8th December. School will close at 11:00am and the school will close down at 11:30am. ALL CHILDREN must be collected. There will be NO supervision after 11:30am.
- Grade R Final Assembley: Grade R Parents please diarise the date for the Gr R “Celebration of Me” Prize Giving on Friday 26th Gr RN will be from 8:00am-9:00am and Gr RD 10:00am-11:00am.
- Grade 7 Valediction: Grade 7 Parents, Thursday 2nd December is the Gr 7 Valediction Dinner at the Swiss Country Club in Vorna Valley. Formal Invitations have been emailed on the 09/11. Please RSVP to Leressa by Monday 22nd
- Stationery Lists Grade 1-7: Stationery Lists for 2022 have been emailed on the 12/11. Please read the stationery information letter. If you are going to order with Forms Media, please order as per the requested dates to avoid any delays with the delivering of your child’s stationery box. All children must have their stationery when school opens on Wednesday 12th
- Grade 1-6 Celebration of Me: The “Celebration of Me” and prize giving will be held on Monday 6th December and Tuesday 7th December depending on the grade. Due to Covid Protocols we will not have parents on the campus. “Celebration of Me” will be held via Zoom for each Grade. More details to follow.
- Accounts: Please ensure all fees are paid on or before the 7th of the month. Please note: If we do not receive your payment by the 7th of the month, a late fee penalty of R500 will be charged to your account if no prior payment arrangement has been made. Please email Karen Visser if you have any queries: email@example.com Please ensure you have completed the Debit Order permission form.
- Summer Uniform: Gr R-7, all children are to wear Summer uniform. Please ensure you have the correct uniform. (See Uniform Shop opening times below)
- Covid 19 Screening stations – Parents please note: Gr 3-7 children must be dropped off at the CHP drop-off zone and children must proceed to the Music Hall for their Covid-19 screening. Gr R-2 children must be dropped off at reception area for their Covid-19 screening. All children must be screened before they go to their class. If Gr R-2 children are being dropped off before 7:00am, they must be dropped at the Music Hall. The screening at reception opens at 7:00am. All children MUST be wearing a mask on arrival.
- 345 Swim School: 345 Swim School is open for swimming lessons. If you would like to enrol your child for swimming please email Karen Visser: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Very Important: Please take note of the following: Parents when you receive emails from the ED-Admin email, please Do Not reply to this email. Mails sent from Ed Admin are system generated emails. Please direct all your emails to email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Vehicle Security Sticker: Parents, please ensure that you all have a 345/CHP sticker on your windscreen. If you do not have a sticker, please collect from Sylvester at the security. Each family may receive 2 stickers. Should you need more, they may be purchased from Leressa for R50.
- Aftercare: Reminder that children waiting in Aftercare for their siblings to complete their co-curricular activities will be signed into Aftercare and you will be billed as the children are being supervised during this time.
- Collection Cards Gr R-2: Collection cards were handed out to all Gr R – Gr 2 children. Parents, please ensure you show the collection card when collecting your child in the afternoons.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Parents, please ensure that you call the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform the school if there is anyone else other than yourself fetching your child. We require the name, surname, ID number and telephone number of the person. This also applies if your child will be going on transport. They MUST also display a Collection Card.
- Opening Times: Parents, no child may be brought to school or dropped off before 6:30am! The gates will remain closed.
- Aftercare: School closes every day at 1:30pm. Aftercare runs from 2:00pm until 5:30pm and includes an additional snack. Aftercare costs R1000 per month. Adhoc aftercare is R150 per day. A penalty fee of R200-00 will apply for late collection of children after 17h30 and R350 for collection after 18h00. If you would like to enrol your child into aftercare, please email Karen Visser: email@example.com
- Hair – Boys: Parents, please ensure that your son’s hair is short, neat, clean and tidy. No fashion hairstyles such as Mohawks, comb-overs, shave lines etc are permitted.
- Hair – Girls: Parents, please ensure that your daughter’s hair is tied back, neat, clean and tidy. Hair accessories need to be Black, White, Red or Blue
- Lunch Programme: The Lunch Programme is operational. The children are really enjoying the snack and revised lunch menu that they are enjoying daily. Lunch is optional for all Grade 1-7 learners. You can choose the lunch programme at an extra charge of R900-00 per month or you may pack your child’s own lunch. Please email Karen Visser firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like your child to be fed at school.
- Gr 1-7: If your child is not on the school lunch programme and you are packing their own lunch, please ensure that you pack enough lunch for your child. They will require a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. NO sweets/ takeaways or fizzy drinks are allowed. *WE ARE A NUT FREE SCHOOL – PLEASE DO NOT SEND IN ANY PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN NUTS
- Smart Watches: VERY IMPORTANT! Please note that your child’s smart watch may NOT be used as a communication device at all during the day. The school will also not be held responsible or liable if a smart watch is lost at school.
- School Uniform Shop: Please note the school uniform shop opening times. The shop will not be open at any other times.
- Uniform Shop Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 09h00-12h00
Dates to Diarise:
- Friday 26th November: Gr R Prize Giving
- Thursday 2nd December: Gr 7 Valediction & “Celebration of Me” Prize Giving
- Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th December: Gr 1-6 “Celebration of Me” Prize Giving
- Wednesday 8th December: School closes at 11:00am – NO AFTERCARE
- Wednesday 12th January 2022: School re-opens at 7:00am